The History of Sapentis
Humans are the most populous race in Sapentis. Their relatively short lifespan is offset by their fertility. Humans are also very quick learners and generally have many talents.
Human Racial Traits
- Medium: As medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Human base land speed is 30 feet.
- 1 extra feat at 1st level
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level
- Martial History: Humans developed the Devoted Spirit and Iron Heart martial disciplines, and receive a +1 racial bonus to initiator level when in a Devoted Spirit or Iron Heart stance and a +1 bonus to attack rolls when Devoted Spirit or Iron Heart maneuver.
- Humans gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls and initiator level when initiating a Devoted Spirit or Iron Heart maneuver
- Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
A human character can make any of the following exchanges in his racial traits
- Azurin: A human may give up his bonus skill points to gain a bonus point of essentia and the (incarnum) subtype
- Silverbrow: A human may give up his bonus skill points to gain the (dragonblood) subtype, feather fall as a spell-like ability usable once per day plus once per day per 5 hit dice he has, Disguise as a class skill for any class he takes, and a +2 racial bonus on Disguise checks